Last week, major players in the job board space gathered in Chicago for the 2016 Jobg8 Job Board Summit of North America. Between June 23-24, job board professionals, experts and thought leaders from across the country and throughout the world gathered to discuss this constantly evolving space. Here are a few quick takeaways to digest:
- Despite age old fears that job boards might destroy the staffing industry, recent data shows that staffing agencies are in fact earning higher revenues than ever before:
- And, even though staffing agencies are generating more revenue than ever before, job boards have had a pronounced effect on the recruiter’s bottom line:
- Regardless of cynical economic outlooks by pundits in the news media, job boards have a bright side to look toward:
- The overwhelming majority of applications and hires today are generated from job boards and aggregators… the only question is which job board is performing best:
- There’s an increasingly obvious gap between who job boards work with and who needs their services most:
- The fact that recruitment is now marketing was a prevalent theme, summed up best by this slide highlighting job marketing then and now:
If you attended the Jobg8 Job Board Summit and have something to add to this post, connect with us here.
And if you'd like to receive recruitment marketing news and notes like this event recap, sign up for our newsletter today.
Posted by Sal TrifilioLinkedIn