Last week, Human Resource Executive held their annual HR Technology Conference and Expo in Chicago. The conference, also known as HR Tech, brings together the top providers of HR technology in the space and “focuses on the business process and organizational success enabled by technology.”
This year’s conference was one of the largest and most successful yet. So we put this quick roundup together for those who didn’t have a chance to attend, and for attendees who might not have gotten a chance to check all the boxes on their HR Tech 2016 bucketlist.
Here are a few quick takeaways to digest:
- The HR technology space has really begun to flourish in the last year, and the number of start-ups and new innovations that aim to help companies find great talent were on full display:
- New focus is being put on using social media to amplify your employees referral reach:
Editor’s Note: For more context on the best practices surrounding the use of social media in recruitment marketing, check out our recent blogs on Why You Should Supplement Recruitment Marketing with Social Media and 3 Ways to Supplement Recruitment Marketing With Social Media.
- Of all the major innovations on display at HR Tech, one thing was pervasively clear -- For success in today’s talent-driven marketplace, HR technology needs to be focused on recruitment marketing:
- Businesses are buying into HR technology, and at rapidly growing rates--a sign that businesses who have ignored HR technology in their talent acquisition strategies must get on board, or risk falling behind:
- With the rapid growth of the HR technology space, HR and talent acquisition professionals are having a difficult time identifying the appropriate technology for their organizations:
- The best way to identify good human resources technology is to find companies that understand and respect humans:
If you attended the HR Tech in Chicago last week, and have something to add to this post, connect with us here.
If you’d like to receive recruitment marketing news and notes like this event recap, sign up for our newsletter today.
Posted by Sal Trifilio