Industry blogs are one of the best online resources available for recruiters to gain information, news, insights and a stronger overall understanding of the recruitment marketing space. Since blogs are updated more frequently than typical website copy, and often written by subject matter experts and industry thought leaders, they provide information and important opinions, giving readers multiple points of view on subjects meaningful to a recruiters day-to-day success.
Furthermore blogs are usually quick and easily digestible reads that won't throw a wrench into your daily schedule--especially when compared to long-form content such as white papers, recruitment industry studies, and trend reports.
With that said, the biggest challenge in staying updated on industry news lies within finding reliable and high-quality outlets where this content lives. Rather than waste your time hunting for good posts, we've compiled our list of the top 10 recruitment marketing blogs that you should follow in 2016:
- Blogging4Jobs - This blog is lead by Jessica Miller-Merrell, the President/CEO of Xceptional HR and a leader in the HR community with more than 12 years of industry experience. The blog includes content from a variety of industry experts and other contributors aside from Miller-Merrell.
- Undercover Recruiter - While this blog is focused on the UK and European regions, it’s really a great resource for recruiters regardless of location.
- RecruitingDaily - This blog doesn't just offer short-form posts, but a number of additional content assets such as podcasts, webinars, white papers and ebooks.
- ERE - Although this may not be a blog in the traditional sense of the term, it’s an important resource for recruitment industry news and insights from some of the HR space’s top leaders.
- JWT INSIDE Blog - Not only does JWT INSIDE touch on recruitment marketing, but they also provide a slightly different approach through insights on employer branding, engagement and internal communications.
- RecruitingBlogs - Similar to the RecruitingDaily site, the focus of this blog is to provide recruitment industry news and insights for in-house recruiters and other HR leaders.
- Indeed Blog - As one of the top job aggregators in the world, Indeed is a great resources that helps keep readers updated on the ins and outs of the world of job seekers and recruiters.
- Glassdoor Blog - Glassdoor, a top resource for job seekers and employers alike, also provides great insights for employers in their blog.
- LinkedIn Talent Blog - As the largest professional networking site in the world, don’t forget to check in to LinkedIn’s Talent Solutions blog for industry updates and posts.
- Recruitics Blog - We would be remiss if we didn’t mention our own blog on this list. Our focus is specifically on recruitment marketing and analytics (unlike many of the above blogs which highlight a variety of HR industry topics), so sign up for our newsletter to get updates on how to attract more quality candidates for your recruitment advertising budgets.
Are there other recruitment marketing blogs that are your go-to resources that didn’t get included? Tweet us @recruitics and let us know!
Posted by Emily Tanner
Emily Tanner is no longer with Recruitics. During her time with us as VP of Marketing, Emily worked on both the client and business side of marketing, partnering with top enterprise customers on their talent acquisition and recruitment marketing strategies as well as developing inbound content marketing plans, paid advertising campaigns, and lead generation initiatives for Recruitics. A true data nerd at heart, Emily finds joy in analyzing deep performance metrics and finding the story in the numbers. When not working on marketing strategies or in Excel documents, you can find Emily hanging with her husband, two sons, and their 3 dogs.